Come join in the fun!!! We love our volunteers!!! Every year volunteers provide more than 1,200 volunteer service hours to DSC. Our Thursday bingo sessions are our main fund raising event and require 7-8 volunteers each week. These events require a core group of dedicated and reliable volunteers who enjoy interacting with the public. Volunteers arrive around 10:15am and leave around 2:30pm. Training is provided. If you are interested in making a difference, please call today (719) 574-9002.
Our bingo sessions are held every Thursday during the day at Carefree Bingo Hall, 3440 North Carefree Circle, Colorado Springs, CO 80917. This is a NON-SMOKING environment. Our volunteers are asked to arrive at 10:15am. The actual bingo games start at 12:00pm (noon) and end around 2:30pm. Volunteers usually leave by 2:30pm depending on which position the volunteer is fulfilling. If you have never been to a bingo session, you may not know what to expect. This is a friendly and fun event. Many of our players are “regulars” and come weekly. Many of our volunteers have been helping for over ten years.
The pull tab games are very active until the actual bingo games begin at 12:00pm. Then four games of bingo are played. After game #4 there is a ten minute intermission at which time the players continue playing the pull tab games, purchase progressive and double action sheets, relax, socialize and purchase food from the snack bar. After intermission there are four more bingo games played.
There are four different positions for volunteering which are delegated by the Games Manager. Training is provided for all positions.
1) Pull Tab Sales – Three volunteers needed from 10:15am to 2:00pm. Position requires some standing and accurate, quick monetary transactions.
2) Floor Sales – One volunteer needed from 10:15pm to 1:45pm. Position requires walking around the bingo hall gaming room as well as accurate, quick monetary transactions.
3) Door Sales – One volunteer needed from 10:15am to 1:30pm. Position requires large and small accurate monetary transactions. Must be comfortable with a touch-screen computer. Must balance sales and money.
4) Payouts – One volunteer needed from 11:45pm to 2:30pm. Position requires walking around the bingo hall gaming room as well as accurate monetary transactions.
5) Caller – One volunteer needed from 11:30pm to 2:30pm. Position requires in-depth knowledge of bingo games and rules. Must be reliable and punctual with a clear speaking voice. Must be comfortable with touch-screen computer and be able to multi-task. Will verify the winning bingos.
If you would like to volunteer and make a difference to our community, come by the bingo hall on Thursday or call us today at (719) 574-9002.